Thursday, October 07, 2004

Till We Meet Again - 2004 (?)

Once you had dreams
Have you given them up?
Once I had hopes
But they grew wings and flew
Away to where you and I once were

Oh great and glorious childhood
How I wish I knew you once more
How I wish you had not gone so soon
And left me alone, with nowhere to turn

Once again I cry for you
As I have done before
I know if I could turn back time
I’d change the things that led to this
I’d block out all the pain

If only time were one great clock
I could turn back the hands
I could bring you back
I could bring “me” back
And we could have had such a joyous time

But alas there is no such clock
These hands cannot turn back time
And you have your life
And I have mine
And we have the memories
Both good and bad
To hold us together
Till we meet again

No comments: