Friday, October 07, 2005

Song About Me - 2005

I thought that death would save me
But now I know the truth
I thought my life would save me
But now I call on You

I don’t know how it got this way –
How I got to where I am
Life hurt so bad I wanted to die
But cry is all I’d do
The Ruler of Darkness thrived in me
As I hung my head in shame
In a life full of darkness
I hid myself in sin
My secrets lurking somewhere near
A life of worthless passing

Too much sin to be forgiven
Too many lies to be saved
Too much sorrow, too much pain
Too much hate, and too much shame

But then, my Lord, He rescued me
He saved me from my sin
My secret wonders and my shame
From the darkness of my heart
In the passion of Your love
The reality of Your life
In You alone I live in full
Apart from You, I’m nothing
The road I walk is clearly paved
With safety in Your arms

The Light abides within the darkness
The truest Light of all
Lifting up my hands with praise
My story never ends

No comments: