Sunday, September 26, 2004

I Love You - 2004

I love you
but I fear you'll never know it
I love you
yet I fear I'll never show it
I love you
There's no way left to fight it

My heart tells me one thing
My brain tells me another
The world says it is wrong
The same world tells me that its right
I don't know what I'm supposed to do
My brain's a hopeless jumble
of expressions of my love for you
the love I'll never show

Dear God, why must it be this way?
Why must my brain run dry?
Why can I not see past the edge
of what I should not do?

I know its crossed your mind before
just as it has done mine
I know you've thought it once or twice
or three or four... or more

I do not know what I can do
to show you all my thanks
I fear the only thing to do
is what I should not do

Why must these things forever be
on my brain all day?
I cannot think of anything
without the thought of you

I love you
but I fear you'll never know it
I love you
yet I fear I'll never show it
I love you
There's no way left to fight it

No comments: