Wednesday, September 29, 2004

My Own Knight - 2004

I sit alone, watching and waiting
For you to come
For you to rescue me
Others have rode by
But none have stopped
And none have helped
I see them all, as they pass me by
Alas, none have seen my face
I wait for you all day and night
To come riding by on your brilliant white horse
With your sword to your side
And the wind to your back
To come whisk me away to a palace some place
Where we can live happy in peace
In the distance I often see you
Galloping lightly toward my home
And then when you reach here,
You gallop on by
It was not you at all
He was a knight for someone else
Someone other than me
So I sit here and wait
For you to come along
To sweep me off my feet
And take me away from here
I sit here and wait
For a knight of my own

No comments: