Monday, March 17, 2008

girl (first draft) - 3/17/08

Who do you think I am?

Just some girl

Worthless

And alone?

A future mother

Maybe

Just waiting for a man

Some princess in a tower

Too weak to lift her hand

Some woman

Lost and lonely

Some child in the dark

A girl like in the movies

With a knife held to her heart

Who do you think I am?

Am I the daughter you desire?

Am I a shame

To the family name?

Am I hopeless

One more lost?

Am I figurative language

Words better left unsaid

The fulfillment of your wishes

The last hope for grandkids many

Just a girl waiting

Sleeping beauty rest in peace

Let me dream of some great woman

Wake to a kiss from some great man

Sweetest guy could ever want

Save the smallest little fact

I’m a shame upon the family

A burden in my pain

Missing pieces of your childhood

Give me what you never had

Give me courage, love and hope

Keep me locked up in my heart

My mind is born of sorrow

Of something even more

I’m lost in your protection

I’m smothered by your love

A girl

To hold and cherish

A girl

To marry off

A boy

to carry on the name

A boy

To replace your son

Lock me in a tower

To be rescued by some prince

Slaughtered by his longing

Ignore my cries and screams

Ignore my heart that’s bleeding

Ignore my fragile tears

Who do you think I am?

Just a girl

To be a wife

To be a mother

To be perfection

Listen to your heart

Unless it tells you not to be

Just a girl

Wife

Mother

Any more than just these three

No comments: